Culture and Heritage South Brittany
Some ideas for visits to explore the area of Quiberon :
- Come and meet the menhirs, dolmens and cairns, ancient witnesses of the history of the region.
- The megaliths road will take you from Erdeven to Locmariaquer, through the alignments of Carnac.
Not to mention the visit of the Gavrinis Cairn, known worldwide for its carved stones, located on an island in the heart of the Morbihan Gulf.
- Visit Vannes, its old downtown, its port and its ramparts. Then discover the Gulf of Morbihan which is part of "Club of the most beautiful bays in the world."
To visit the Gulf of Morbihan and its islands: boarding in Locmariaquer, Vannes (White Port), Auray, Port Haliguen (summer) for a cruise in
the Gulf with or without stops (stops: Ile aux Moines, Ile d'Arz).
- Take a walk on the docks of ports in the region dedicated to boating and fishing: Port Haliguen and Port Maria in Quiberon, La Trinité sur Mer,
Saint Goustan in Auray, Vannes.
- Visit oyster production sites and taste the oysters of the Bay of Quiberon.
Compagnies des îles
Phone: 0297505368 02 97 50 56 90
Cabin Cruisers "L'Angelus"
Phone: 02 97 57 30 29 / Fax: 02 97 57 38 42
The Carnac Museum
10, Place of the chapel
Phone: 02 97 52 66 35
Prehistoric site of Carnac and Locmariaquer:
Alignments of menhirs, dolmens ...
Exhibition on the Neolithic
Oyster production site Tibidy
171, The Po
Phone: 02 97 52 08 15 FAX: 02 97 52 87 83
Oyster production site in the Bay of Quiberon
Site visit, tasting
creperie Portivy: Avel mor
Links on culture and heritage:
Departmental Committee of Tourism 56: historical and cultural heritage of Morbihan
City of Saint Pierre-Quiberon: Quiberon heritage
Tourist Office of Plouharnel: Discover the heritage of the peninsula of Quiberon